Saturday, July 24, 2010

Big Plum Update

This was the collected plum that was potted up last season into a training box .I needed to do a root prune job so i set up a tripod with some 4x4 posts i had laced together with tie-downs and i used the same to suspend the trunk so the roots could be worked on .After trimming the roots not a great deal of feeder roots were left so i used a toothpick method i was shown from a forum i have joined to stimulate new roots . After completing the root work the trunk was placed back into a terracotta bowl that i had laying around .It was only just big enough at 600mm in diameter . It will reside in this tub until i can locate a bonsai pot big enough or make a custom tray for it .

No comments:

Post a Comment